Behind Every Good Decision
How Anyone Can Use Business Analytics to Turn Data into Profitable Insight
On Sale: 09/06/2022
Business analytics isn’t rocket science. Move from data to decisions in just five steps!
About the Book
There is a misconception in business that the only data that matters is BIG data, and that elaborate tools and data scientists are required to extract any practical information. However, nothing could be further from the truth.
If you feel that you can’t understand how to read, let alone implement, these complex software programs that crunch the data and spit out more data, that will no longer be a problem!
Authors and analytics experts Piyanka Jain and Puneet Sharma demystify the process of business analytics and demonstrate how professionals at any level can take the information at their disposal and in only five simple steps--using only Excel as a tool--make the decision necessary to increase revenue, decrease costs, improve product, or whatever else is being asked of them at that time.
In Behind Every Good Decision, you will learn how to:
- Clarify the business question
- Lay out a hypothesis-driven plan
- Pull relevant data
- Convert it to insights
- Make decisions that make an impact
Packed with examples and exercises, this refreshingly accessible book explains the four fundamental analytic techniques that can help solve a surprising 80 percent of all business problems. It doesn’t take a numbers person to know that is a formula you need!
- ISBN: 9781400231041
- ISBN 10: 1400231043
- On Sale: 09/06/2022
- Pages: 256
- List Price: $19.99
- Trim Size: 159.000mm x 235.000mm x 16.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Decision-Making & Problem Solving
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Information Management
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Strategic Planning
- Category 4 : COMPUTERS / Data Processing
- Category 5 : COMPUTERS / Databases / General
- Category 6 : COMPUTERS / Databases / Data Mining