A Remarkable Story of Adventure, Family, and Career Success That Defied All Expectations
On Sale: 03/02/2021
Kate Isler’s incredible story of blazing global business trails in the early days of Microsoft demonstrates how women can stop self-selecting out of opportunities and make the leap of faith to pursue their dreams.
About the Book
Kate Isler’s incredible story demonstrates how women can stop self-selecting out of opportunities and take the leap of faith to accomplish their dreams.
Kate Isler navigated the male-dominated culture of the technology industry, breaking new global markets for Microsoft in their fast-paced, hyper-growth startup years in some of the most challenging regions in the world – all without a college degree or resources that many believe are necessary for success.
Kate’s story is a fascinating adventure from her years as a naïve young adult through her unexpected global career at a time when corporations weren’t hiring women to represent their companies overseas.
In Breaking Borders, Kate candidly shares:
- Her moments of success, failure, and very public mistakes.
- The struggle she faced to pivot her career in a completely new direction.
- How she overcame the disappointment of a failed startup by channeling her passion for supporting women.
- Her mission to inspire other women by building Be Bold, a women’s advocacy non-profit, from the ground up.
Kate’s story is a guide for women who want to stop self-selecting out of opportunities because they "assume" they don't have the right education, connections, or skills to take a chance.
'In this meaningful and powerful read, Kate Isler candidly shares how she conquered every barrier placed before her to rise to the top of her profession
'At last, a book by a woman in corporate life who tells it like it is, with all the bumps and bruises and skinned knees of navigating big jobs and scary deadlines and the demands of marriage and family ... full of great advice or any woman who wants to 'have it all.''
'Breaking Borders is a book with adventure on every page. The author's reflective and thought-provoking style takes you on a journey of self-discovery, independence, and plenty of learning moments. This book is a must-read as you navigate your own path in life.'
- ISBN: 9781400221561
- ISBN 10: 1400221560
- On Sale: 03/02/2021
- Pages: 272
- List Price: $19.99
- Trim Size: 139.000mm x 213.000mm x 16.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Women in Business
- Category 2 : SELF-HELP / Personal Growth / General
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Motivational
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Leadership
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Personal Success