The Money Hackers
How a Group of Misfits Took on Wall Street and Changed Finance Forever
On Sale: 04/14/2020
Every day, businesses, investors, and consumers are grappling with the seismic changes technology has brought to the banking and finance industry. The Money Hackers is the dramatic story of fintech’s major players and explores how these disruptions are transforming even money itself.
About the Book
Businesses, investors, and consumers are grappling with the seismic daily changes technology has brought to the banking and finance industry. The Money Hackers is the story of fintech’s major players and explores how these disruptions are transforming even money itself.
Whether you’ve heard of fintech or not, it’s already changing your life. Have you ever “Venmoed” someone? Do you think of investing in Bitcoin--even though you can’t quite explain what it is? If you’ve deposited a check using your iPhone, that’s fintech. If you’ve gone to a bank branch and found it’s been closed for good, odds are that’s because of fintech too.
This book focuses on some of fintech’s most powerful disruptors--a ragtag collection of financial outsiders and savants--and uses their incredible stories to explain not just how the technology works, but how the Silicon Valley thinking behind the technology, ideas like friction, hedonic adaptation, democratization, and disintermediation, is having a drastic effect on the entire banking and finance industry.
Upon reading The Money Hackers, you will:
- Feel empowered with the knowledge needed to spot the opportunities the next wave of fintech disruptions will bring.
- Understand the critical pain points that fintech is resolving, through a profile of the major finsurgents behind the disruption. Topic areas include Friction (featuring founders of Venmo), Aggregate and Automate (featuring Adam Dell, founder of Open Table and brother of Michael Dell), and Rise of the Machines (featuring Jon Stein, founder of robo-advisor Betterment).
- Learn about some of the larger-than-life characters behind the fintech movement.
The Money Hackers tells the fascinating story of fintech--how it began, and where it is likely taking us.
- ISBN: 9781400216604
- ISBN 10: 1400216605
- On Sale: 04/14/2020
- Pages: 256
- List Price: $27.99
- Trim Size: 160.000mm x 236.000mm x 23.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Industries / Financial Services
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Banks & Banking
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Finance / General
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Personal Finance / General