Essentials of Inventory Management
On Sale: January 8, 2019
The bar is set high for inventory control professionals---and well-ordered stock rooms and records are just the beginning.
About the Book
The invaluable resource?is the answer book that practitioners and students rely on. It breaks down the job into easy concepts and concrete steps.
The bar is set high for inventory control professionals—and well-ordered stock rooms and records are just the beginning. Beyond core tasks such as locating items, you’ve got to project future business needs, hold down costs, and fix supply chain problems. You need strategic and financial knowledge, and the skills to manage many moving parts.
With examples, charts, review questions, formulas, and clear explanations, Essentials of Inventory Management will help you:
- Track inventory costs
- Read balance sheets
- Calculate gross profit
- Set up a locator system
- Weigh pros and cons of bar codes and RFID
- Factor in replenishment costs
- Decide when to get rid of dead stock
- Pinpoint system dysfunctions
- Mitigate risks in the supply chain
Maintaining physical spaces and databases are only part of your responsibilities. From forecasting to troubleshooting to the fundamentals of finance, Essentials of Inventory Management gives you the tools to optimize efficiency—and drive profits.
- ISBN: 9781400212378
- ISBN 10: 1400212375
- On Sale: January 8, 2019
- Pages: 272
- List Price: $49.99
- Trim Size: 157.000mm x 236.000mm x 33.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Production & Operations Management
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Development / Business Development
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Management
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Leadership
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Personal Success