Managing Crises Before They Happen
What Every Executive and Manager Needs to Know about Crisis Management
On Sale: 06/05/2005
According to Ian Mitroff, one of the world's leading experts on crisis management, the rise in the crisis rate is due to an ingrained ''it-can't happen-to-us'' mentality--which, in turn, leads to a total lack of preparedness for crises. His solution? Find out in Managing Crises Before They Happen
About the Book
Discover the crisis management tools that successful executives and managers utilize to stay ahead of crises, before they happen.
From tragic accidents to public relations fiascos, we live in an increasingly crisis-ridden society. In fact, half of the major industrial accidents of the past century occurred in the last 20 years. Why is this--and what can be done to reverse this disturbing trend? According to crisis management expert Ian Mitroff, the rise in the crisis rate is due to an ingrained "it-can't happen-to-us" mentality--which, leads to a total lack of preparedness for crises. However, a solution lies in this book.
Managing Crises Before They Happen provides business professionals with a powerful framework that will help you:
- Recognize the early warning signals that almost always precede a crisis
- Focus on the big picture, not just the details
- Avoid becoming either the victim or the villain in a crisis
- Understand the importance of personal character, corporate culture, and thinking outside the box to effective crisis management
- Learn from one crisis things that can prevent or ameliorate the next
This practical, clear, and easy to understand book helps business leaders prepare their organizations for a major crisis the right way ahead of time.
- ISBN: 9780814473283
- ISBN 10: 0814473288
- On Sale: 06/05/2005
- Pages: 192
- List Price: $19.95
- Trim Size: 152.000mm x 203.000mm x 12.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Conflict Resolution & Mediation
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Decision-Making & Problem Solving
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Management
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Strategic Planning