Raising Humans in a Digital World
Helping Kids Build a Healthy Relationship with Technology
On Sale: January 15, 2019
Digital literacy advocate Diana Graber demystifies the complicated digital landscape facing today’s kids and provides answers for parents and teachers eager to show them how to use technology as an empowering force in their lives and in their role as future leaders.
About the Book
The Internet can be a scary, dangerous place especially for children. This book shows parents how to help digital kids navigate this environment.
Sexting, cyberbullying, revenge porn, online predators…all of these potential threats can tempt parents to snatch the smartphone or tablet out of their children’s hands. While avoidance might eliminate the dangers, that approach also means your child misses out on technology’s many benefits and opportunities.
In Raising Humans in a Digital World, digital literacy educator Diana Graber shows how children must learn to handle the digital space through:
- developing social-emotional skills
- balancing virtual and real life
- building safe and healthy relationships
- avoiding cyberbullies and online predators
- protecting personal information
- identifying and avoiding fake news and questionable content
- becoming positive role models and leaders
Raising Humans in a Digital World is packed with at-home discussion topics and enjoyable activities that any busy family can slip into their daily routine.
Full of practical tips grounded in academic research and hands-on experience, today’s parents finally have what they’ve been waiting for—a guide to raising digital kids who will become the positive and successful leaders our world desperately needs.
'Exceptionally well organized and presented, 'Raising Humans in a Digital World' is packed from cover to cover with at-home discussion topics and enjoyable activities that any busy family can slip into their daily routine. Full of practical tips grounded in academic research and hands-on experience, today's parents finally have what they've been waiting for -- a guide to raising digital kids who will become the positive and successful leaders our world desperately needs....very highly recommended for family and community library Parenting and amp; Computer Literacy collections.' -- Library Bookwatch
'Her book [Raising Humans in a Digital World] addresses all the potential pitfalls that make parents anxious about children's tech use. But just as importantly, she offers a way to discuss and encourage the possibilities for all the good things happening online.' -- St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- ISBN: 9780814439791
- ISBN 10: 0814439799
- On Sale: January 15, 2019
- Pages: 272
- List Price: $19.99
- Trim Size: 152.000mm x 229.000mm x 17.000mm
- Category 1 : COMPUTERS / Security / Online Safety & Privacy
- Category 2 : COMPUTERS / Computer Science
- Category 3 : COMPUTERS / Interactive & Multimedia
- Category 4 : COMPUTERS / Security / General
- Category 5 : COMPUTERS / Web / Social Networking