A Team of Leaders
Empowering Every Member to Take Ownership, Demonstrate Initiative, and Deliver Results
On Sale: 03/20/2014
Imagine a workplace team not led by one leader but made up entirely of leaders--a workplace team that works!
About the Book
The fresh approach taught in this indispensable guide will transform passive groups of disparate people into the effective teams of leaders you didn’t know was possible to have.
Every team needs a leader, but why do we often think that means the appropriate workplace team needs to consist of one gem of a worker complemented with a bunch of obedient order-takers and yes men? What if the complementary fits between the team members were not with how well they performed the tasks handed down to them but with how they all used their unique strengths to share knowledge, push the envelope, and lead together?
The authors behind A Team of Leaders explain how the key to your company’s success is creating successful teams of leaders combining their individual talents and strengths into a single, unstoppable driving force.
The proven principles and techniques within these invaluable pages include:
- The Five-Stage Team Development Model that maps the transition from traditional to self-directed teams
- Best practices in team process design
- A Team Value Creation Tool that allows members to appreciate the significance of what they contribute each day
- Visual Management and more
A Team of Leaders shows you how to design systems within your organization and management procedures that nurture the leadership potential of every employee, not just the ones they ear-marked as having potential for promotion.
- ISBN: 9780814438350
- ISBN 10: 0814438350
- On Sale: 03/20/2014
- Pages: 240
- List Price: $19.95
- Trim Size: 152.000mm x 229.000mm x 12.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Leadership
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Management
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Organizational Behavior
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Workplace Culture