Make Your Own Waves
The Surfer's Rules for Innovators and Entrepreneurs
On Sale: July 1, 2016
Since the marketplace is constantly peaking and crashing like an ocean wave, could big-wave surfers have a few lessons for the entrepreneur?
About the Book
Like the ocean, the marketplace constantly changes and today's cresting?reward?becomes tomorrow's crashing?risk. Even the best surfers fall, but they learn from their wipeouts and paddle back out again, knowing that with big waves come big opportunities.
Innovation expert Louis Patler explores why 8 out of 10 business ventures fail and offers lessons learned from elite athletes that apply to business.?Before you venture out, take some advice from unlikely experts: Big Wave surfers who ride waves the size of a five-story office building using only a 9-foot piece of styrofoam. Like successful entrepreneurs, they must rely on preparation, planning, patience, and passion--and they relish a challenge.
Packed with stories of innovators, entrepreneurs, and legends, Make Your Own Waves reveals 10 Surfer's Rules that will guide entrepreneurs and innovators including:
- Learn to swim--the basics set the stage for everything
- Get wet--you can't succeed if you stick to the shore
- Always look "outside"--watch for what's coming or you may miss a better opportunity
- Commit, charge, shred--you have to go all out to be all in
- Never turn your back on the ocean--always stay in touch with the marketplace and the customer
- Stay stoked--desire drives success
Discover the do’s and don’ts for innovators and entrepreneurs that will lead you to success.
- ISBN: 9780814437247
- ISBN 10: 0814437249
- On Sale: July 1, 2016
- Pages: 192
- List Price: $7.99
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Entrepreneurship
- Category 2 : SPORTS & RECREATION / Surfing
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Customer Relations
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Motivational
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Personal Success