Managing Government Employees
How to Motivate Your People, Deal with Difficult Issues, and Achieve Tangible Results
On Sale: February 26, 2007
Managing government employees presents unique challenges. Managing Government Employees offers dozens of techniques for meeting the challenges and stressful situations supervisers face on a daily basis.
About the Book
This invaluable resource offers dozens of techniques for meeting the challenges and stressful situations supervisors face daily.
Managing government employees presents unique challenges. Government managers may feel that stringent and convoluted regulations mean they "can’t do that". Some others may use that perception as a crutch. But the truth for all of them is, yes, they can "do that" -- and they’d better. "That" means managing employees as proactively and decisively as their corporate counterparts, and holding their staffs, teams, and departments accountable for productivity and results.
In Managing Government Employees, you will discover how to:
- get maximum dedication and productivity from employees
- improve results of poor performers and discipline or fire them when necessary
- deal with union and EEO issues
- cut through the red tape of government employment systems
For managers frustrated by government bureaucracy, Managing Government Employees lets them know they have more power than they may think.
- ISBN: 9780814437216
- ISBN 10: 0814437214
- On Sale: February 26, 2007
- Pages: 224
- List Price: $19.95
- Trim Size: 152.000mm x 229.000mm x 19.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Government & Business
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Management
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Leadership