A Millennial's Guide to Rewriting the Rules of Management
On Sale: 06/19/2013
The Millennial generation is primed to change the face of leadership . . . if they can bridge the gap between the multiple generations both above and below them.
About the Book
This guide to rewriting the rules of management is perfect for millennials looking to achieve career and professional success.
Millennials have begun moving into management positions everywhere and are shaking up the workplace as they go. The generation that was raised in an age of instant communication, and questioning authority has begun tearing down the corporate ladder, communicating on the fly, and bringing play to work. Even with all the exciting potential that lies ahead for these creative, bold thinkers, it will be pointless if they cannot effectively bridge the gap between the hierarchical management style of senior executives and the casual, collaborative approach of their peers.
Manager 3.0 is the first management guide written exclusively for the Millennial generation, where you will learn how to master crucial skills such as:
- dealing with difficult people,
- delivering constructive feedback,
- and making tough decisions
You will also gain insight into the four generations currently in the workplace and how they can successfully bring out the best in each.
Packed with company interviews and corporate examples, Manager 3.0 will help these promising new managers connect with and encourage the unique talents of the generations around them, while also developing an effective leadership style of their own.
- ISBN: 9780814432891
- ISBN 10: 0814432891
- On Sale: 06/19/2013
- Pages: 240
- List Price: $17.95
- Trim Size: 152.000mm x 229.000mm x 19.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / General
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Management
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Decision-Making & Problem Solving
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Leadership
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Personal Success
- Category 6 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Conflict Resolution & Mediation