Generations at Work
Managing the Clash of Boomers, Gen Xers, and Gen Yers in the Workplace
On Sale: 03/13/2013
The newest edition of this seminal book on navigating the multigenerational workplace offers practical tips to help any leader bridge the generational gap--and create a healthy culture.
About the Book
Written for those struggling to manage a workforce with incompatible ethics, values, and working styles, this book looks at the root causes of professional conflict and offers practical guidelines for navigating multigenerational differences.
By exploring the most common causes of conflict--including the Me Generation’s frustration with Gen Yers’ constant desire for feedback and the challenges facing Gen Xers sandwiched between these polarities--Generations at Work offers practical, spot-on guidance for managing the differences with consideration to each generation’s unique needs.
Along with the authors’ insights for managing a workforce with different ways of working, communicating, and thinking, this invaluable resources offers:
- in-depth interviews with members of each generation,
- tips on best practices from companies successfully bridging the generation gap,
- and a mentorship field guide to help you support the youngest members of your team.
Generations at Work has the tools that are key to helping your workforce interact more positively with one another and thrive in today’s wildly divergent workplace culture.
- ISBN: 9780814432334
- ISBN 10: 0814432336
- On Sale: 03/13/2013
- Pages: 304
- List Price: $19.99
- Trim Size: 152.000mm x 229.000mm x 22.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Management
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Organizational Behavior
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Workplace Culture
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Mentoring & Coaching
- Category 6 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Conflict Resolution & Mediation