Results Without Authority
Controlling a Project When the Team Doesn't Report to You
On Sale: 01/29/2012
Leading a team of people who don’t report to you is a tricky endeavor--and an essential feature of a project manager’s role. Discover the start-to-finish system for getting others to deliver top results.
About the Book
For project managers looking to establish credibility and drive winning results, author Tom Kendrick’s groundbreaking system provides the key to leading cross-functional, outsourced, and other types of teams through every stage of the project cycle.
Results Without Authority is the definitive book on control--teaching the three principal levels of control, including project process, influence, and metrics, among other important areas. You learn the surefire way to keep projects moving forward: by relying only on these factors.
The book’s completely updated second edition includes new information on:
- agile methods and evolving project management tools,
- strategies for working with virtual teams,
- analytical versus “blink” decision processes,
- the use (and misuse) of social media in project environments,
- and the myth of multitasking.
For project leaders lacking clear-cut authority, getting everyone on board--and keeping them there--can be a challenge. Whether you’re managing small, team-level projects or major organizational initiatives, Results Without Authority is the must-have guide to getting the best outcomes for your company.
- ISBN: 9780814417812
- ISBN 10: 0814417817
- On Sale: 01/29/2012
- Pages: 288
- List Price: $19.95
- Trim Size: 152.000mm x 229.000mm x 12.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Leadership
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Business Communication / General
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Management
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Project Management