2600 Phrases for Setting Effective Performance Goals
Ready-to-Use Phrases That Really Get Results
On Sale: 12/15/2011
The first step to helping your employees succeed? Establishing compelling, actionable performance goals. This quick-reference guide helps managers craft individualized goals that inspire exceptional results.
About the Book
As a manager, you aren’t truly successful unless your employees are as well. Helping them establish compelling, actionable performance goals is the first and most important step, and this handbook is there to lend a hand.
A follow-up to the bestselling 2600 Phrases for Effective Performance Reviews, HR executive Paul Falcone provides you with ready-to-use performance goals organized by the characteristics and core competencies used most often in the appraisal process. From attendance and attitude to teamwork and time management, managers will find the language they need to inspire exceptional results.
In 2600 Phrases for Setting Effective Performance Goals, Falcone shows you how to:
- Build on individuals’ strengths rather than compensating for their weaknesses.
- Help your employees feel engaged and self-motivated.
- Develop an “accomplishment mentality” that encourages your staff to constantly reinvent themselves based on the organization’s needs.
- Encourage retention by developing realistic, customized goals that prepare them for their next career move.
- Determine appropriate follow-up intervals and measurable benchmarks to determine progress throughout the year.
2600 Phrases for Setting Effective Performance Goals also shares language tailored to many of the most common positions in sales and marketing, accounting and finance, HR, IT, legal, manufacturing, operations, and more.
If your employees don’t succeed, neither will you. This one-of-a-kind guide enables you to get more done through others and develop your own leadership abilities along the way.
- ISBN: 9780814417751
- ISBN 10: 0814417752
- Imprint: AMACOM
- On Sale: 12/15/2011
- Pages: 256
- List Price: $17.99
- Publisher: AMACOM
- Publication Date: 12/15/2011
- Trim Size: 155.000mm x 229.000mm x 16.000mm
- Weight: 271.000gr
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / General
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Business Communication / General
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Business Communication / Meetings & Presentations
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Management
- Category 6 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Training
- Category 7 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Leadership
- Category 8 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Office Management
- Category 9 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Organizational Development