America's Top Recruiter Reveals What REALLY Gets You Hired
On Sale: June 16, 2011
Do you ever wonder if the resume you worked so hard on even gets read by hiring managers? Resume expert and frequent talk-show guest Tony Beshara offers readers unique insights into the resume features that yield coveted job offers.
About the Book
This helpful resource shows job seekers of all types how to present themselves in the best possible light--and land the best possible position.
Unlike most resume “experts,” Tony Beshara doesn’t merely write resumes. As a veteran placement specialist who’s been featured regularly on the Dr. Phil show, Tony uses resumes to get people jobs. Now, in this dynamic book, he’s drawing on expertise gained from placing more than 8,500 professions to help you create a powerful resume that stands out from other applications.
Unbeatable Resumes takes you step-by-step through the resume creation process, including tips on how to utilize keywords effectively, use gaps in employment and job changes to your advantage, and enhance your resume with a concise, dynamic cover letter. You’ll also discover how to:
- ensure your resume gets read by the right people;
- what employers look for on applications and what turns them off;
- how to customize a resume for a particular job;
- and the true value and detriment of digital tools including video resumes, job-search websites, and social networking sites like Facebook and LinkedIn.
With detailed examples and discussions on the assets and pitfalls of real-life resumes submitted for jobs in a wide range of industries, Unbeatable Resumes will take your job hunt skills to the next level.
- ISBN: 9780814417621
- ISBN 10: 0814417620
- On Sale: June 16, 2011
- Pages: 336
- List Price: $18.99
- Trim Size: 178.000mm x 254.000mm x 22.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Careers / General
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Careers / Resumes
- Category 3 : SELF-HELP / Self-Management / General
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Business Writing
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Careers / Job Hunting
- Category 6 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Reference