The Busy Manager's Guide to Delegation
On Sale: 08/12/2009
Are you an effective delegator of your work? If not, you aren’t alone. Many leaders struggle to loosen the reigns of their to-do list--but delegation increases your ability to do what you do best. Learn the easy-to-master five-step process for effective delegation.
About the Book
Delegation amounts to a lot more than just passing work off onto subordinates, and when handled correctly, it gives managers a chance to lead more effectively.
Authors Richard A. Luecke and Perry Mcintosh present leaders with a straightforward, five-step process for mastering delegation--and increasing their output. The Busy Manager’s Guide to Delegation teaches you to set the stage for excellent results, what to do if things go wrong, and ways to ensure that all their people benefit from the experience.
In this book, you’ll discover:
- which tasks to delegate;
- how to identify the right people for the jobs;
- how to assign tasks;
- how to monitor progress and provide feedback;
- and how to evaluate performance.
Filled with quick tips, exercises, self-assessments, and practical worksheets, The Busy Manager’s Guide to Delegation offers busy managers a way to strengthen their departments by focusing their newfound time and energy on developing the skills of their people.
- ISBN: 9780814414743
- ISBN 10: 0814414745
- On Sale: 08/12/2009
- Pages: 112
- List Price: $14.99
- Trim Size: 152.000mm x 229.000mm x 12.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Time Management
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Management
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Skills
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Personal Success