The EQ Interview
Finding Employees with High Emotional Intelligence
On Sale: June 9, 2008
For smart and strategic hiring managers looking to take their evaluation skills to the next level, this practical guide provides 250 behavior-based questions to help you asses the emotional intelligence (EQ) skills of job applicants
About the Book
Author Adele Lynn gives business leaders the skills and understanding they need to assess candidates’ emotional intelligence and ensure they’re the right fit for the job.
Smart hiring managers know that emotional Intelligence (EQ) is a key indicator of success. What they don’t know is how best to spot it.
The EQ Interview explains the five key areas of emotional intelligence and how these competencies enhance job performance, and then then arming interviewers with more than 250 behavior-based questions specially formulated to help determine how applicants have exhibited and leveraged their EQ skills in the past.
In this helpful guide, hiring managers and business professionals will learn:
- How to spot the right candidates for the job from the start,
- how they can analyze and interpret answers to predict future success,
- and how to spot “EQ frauds” to avoid costly hiring mistakes.
Filled with insightful examples and useful bonus resources providing more in-depth information on emotional intelligence competencies, The EQ Interview shows how go beyond evaluating job qualifications to consider the fundamental value of emotional intelligence.
- ISBN: 9780814409411
- ISBN 10: 0814409415
- On Sale: June 9, 2008
- Pages: 192
- List Price: $18.99
- Trim Size: 152.000mm x 229.000mm x 9.000mm
- Category 1 : PSYCHOLOGY / Industrial & Organizational Psychology
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Workplace Culture
- Category 3 : SELF-HELP / Communication & Social Skills
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / General
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Category 6 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Organizational Behavior