Women today are starting more businesses than men, but they face a playing field that is not always fair, predictable, or politically correct.
Digital Goddess serves as a roadmap for any woman who has ever thought about striking out on her own. Raw and real, Victoria Montgomery Brown tells it the way it is—it’s about sucking it up, making hard choices, dealing with consequences, and, above all, staying true and honest no matter what happens.
Her stories will empower you to get meetings, raise money, and make hard choices, all while being yourself and having some fun along the way.
Digital Goddess is a story for entrepreneurial women at any stage of life who want to know what it actually takes to start a business.
START LEARNING NOW WITH THESE FREE DOWNLOADS:
- 7 Things You Need to Sort Out Before Starting a Business - pdf worksheet
- The first chapter of Digital Goddess
Some of what you'll learn:
Transparency is a must, even when you just got arrested.
- Transparency is a must, even when you just got arrested.
Raising money is a poker game—learn how to play.
- Raising money is a poker game—learn how to play.
It’s okay to use your femininity to your advantage.
- It’s okay to use your femininity to your advantage.
Most investors are powerful men. Know how to deal with them and set boundaries.
- Most investors are powerful men. Know how to deal with them and set boundaries.
Your relationship with your co-founder is like a second marriage.
- Your relationship with your co-founder is like a second marriage.
Running a startup without having a breakdown, and finding joy at work.
- Running a startup without having a breakdown, and finding joy at work.
ABOUT DIGITAL GODDESS
The best stories are honest stories, and that is what this book offers—even when it’s uncomfortable or unflattering.
“This book is a must-read for any woman who is looking to grow her career or start a business. Victoria has embraced the volatility of entrepreneurship with unflinching grace and fierce, bring-it-on determination. Anyone who wants to thrive in the age of uncertainty can learn from her example.”
UPS Foundation Professor of Service Management, Harvard Business School
“Victoria Montgomery Brown is a shining example of a modern entrepreneurial leader. She possesses the full start-up toolkit of smarts, competitive drive, and operational focus, together with the vital leadership skill to inspire those around her to achieve a common goal.”
Former CEO of Thomson Reuters and Venture Investor
“Funny, fearless, and sometimes raw, Victoria Montgomery Brown’s book doesn’t pull any punches as she details the successes and setbacks of being a female entrepreneur. It’s a delicious read from beginning to end, and I’d encourage any young woman intent on chasing her dreams to use it as a valuable resource.”
Professor at Columbia Business School and bestselling author of The End of Competitive Advantage
BE INSPIRED TO TAKE THE LEAP...
Do you wish you were building something that had more meaning to you and to others? Are you okay with the status-quo of your professional life? If business-as-usual has become business-as-boring, you may be itching to become an entrepreneur and ready to start your own company. There will never be a dull day, and each and every day will matter. Especially in the early stages.
In Digital Goddess, Victoria-Montgomery Brown reveals her story about all she's faced as a female entrepreneur and some unique lessons, such as:
- Embrace failures and setbacks and use your fear to achieve your goals.
- Why asking for help—both professionally and personally—is crucial to your growth.
- Why it’s vital to choose mentors who have your back and hold you accountable.
- Trust your gut to make the right choices for your business.
- The more authentic you are, and the more fun you have, the better your experience will be.
Listen to an audio sample: