Raise the of individuals and organizations
Inspire and motivate your team using powerful verbal and nonverbal communication strategies.
Language That Leads
Communication Strategies that Inspire and Engage
Today’s leaders need to use effective, empathetic communication to bring out the best in their team members and let each individual shine.
Kasia Wezowski, a leading researcher on body language and communication skills, combines her cutting-edge research with Marshall Goldsmith’s leadership development methodology in this practical and timely resource for leaders. Goldsmith believes that a leader’s job is to bring out the best in each team member, and Language That Leads breaks down the ten core qualities of leadership, providing easy-to-follow implementation steps to express, observe, and project these qualities effectively through verbal and nonverbal communication.
In Language That Leads, listeners will learn:
- Why leaders of the future need to be different from leaders of the past.
- How reading micro expressions, or brief flashes of facial expressions, is key to interpreting the honest emotions of others.
- The body language of leadership — What your posture, gestures, and stance say to others, and how to control this.
- Having emotional intelligence, and how to effectively manage others as a facilitator, not a dictator.
- How to use intuitive decision-making by trusting your empathy and making decisions from your gut.
- Using the BLINK technique to interpret someone's true feelings about a situation or idea in under two minutes.
Language That Leads
“This book teaches you the secrets of how your body language can elevate your ability to leave and achieve extraordinary results!”
Cofounder of The Culture Works, author of multiple award-winning bestsellers
“Packed full of insights and tools that turn managers into leaders and leaders into team-leading titans.”
Founder of The Sage Academy, bestselling author of The Inside Track
“Kasia's BLINK method shines a light on how our physicality and expressions can influence our teams, our communities, and our families.”
Award-winning director, producer, author, and founder of The Big Talk Academy
“Based on authentic, empathetic interaction between leaders and their teams, this book shows a new approach to leadership.”
The Culture Coach, chairman emeritus of WD-40 Company
“Scans by fMRI machines show that our brain's mirror neurons fire off in the first 1/20 of a second of a social encounter, instantly influencing how the other person responds. Your body language needs to be pre-set so you project effectively and shape the behavior of others appropriately.”
PhD, founder and CEO of Pritchett, LP
“Each of Kasia's books has been better than the last, with Language That Leads standing as a masterpiece. I could not put down this book.”
PhD, founding director, Ann & John Doerr Institute for New Leaders