in your new role
Hit the ground running after your promotion from sales superstar to sales manager.
The First Time Manager:
The First-Time Manager Series
The jump from sales superstar to sales manager has made or broken many a sales career.
As a top-performing sales professional, you know how to own your calendar, focus your energy, create opportunities, navigate the sales process, negotiate, and close deals. Yet, if you are like most new sales managers, there is still so much you don’t know and that can trip you up if you aren’t careful.
Luckily, Mike Weinberg knows the pitfalls to avoid and mindset changes needed to successfully make the leap. This powerful new resource contains candid guidance on how to master your expanded responsibilities like a pro:
- Know Your Role: You have been entrusted with the most critical job in your business.
- Cultivating the Manager Mindset: Your new role is very different from your old role, and it requires an all-new mindset.
- Pivoting from Winning on Your Own to Winning through Your People: Master the major transition from individual contributor to manager.
- Lead Your Team: Bad things happen when you attempt to do your people’s jobs. It’s a habit many new sales managers fall into but it’s a lose-lose proposition. Learn how to lead, coach, and hold your salespeople accountable, instead of the unsustainable and unscalable approach of trying to do their jobs for them!
- Be a Leader: Learn proven strategies to influence and engage. (Hint: this cannot be accomplished via email on your computer.)
Don’t let your promotion become a trial by fire. Turn to this book to hit the ground running.