Five Lessons Learned from Catastrophic Failures of Leadership (NelsonFree)
On Sale: 10/23/2012
What causes a leader to fail? Gain insight into the collapse of six high-profile CEOs--including valuable lessons that can keep you from making the same mistakes.
About the Book
Do you know the stories of well-known CEOs who failed as executives of major companies? Learn about these colorful derailers who misread symptoms of their own downfall and failed to take corrective action needed to succeed as leaders.
Written for leaders, aspiring leaders, and anyone who makes a difference in the lives of others, author and leadership expert Tim Irwin, PhD, examines how failures of character common to even the most capable individuals - including deficits in authenticity, humility, self-management, and courage - repeatedly lead to downfall.
By profiling the collapse of CEOs Robert Nardelli (Home Depot), Carly Fiorina (HP), Durk Jager (Proctor and Gamble), Steven Heyer (Starwood Hotels), and more, this book shows how our failings become more dangerous as we take on greater leadership responsibilities, and how they can cause us to ignore glaring warning signs that might otherwise prevent catastrophe.
In Derailed, Tim shares;
- An outline of the key character traits that prevent us from becoming de-railed
- Assessments and suggestions on how to analyze your “Character Quotient”
- What made these business executives fail without demeaning their character
By asking what we can learn from those who have fallen, and how we can avoid our own failure, Derailed teaches us to stay on track. Often, derailment happens long before the crash. Learn the character qualities that are essential for successful leadership and how to cultivate them so that you can avoid derailing your own life and career.
- ISBN: 9781595555496
- ISBN 10: 1595555498
- On Sale: 10/23/2012
- Pages: 240
- List Price: $15.99
- Trim Size: 152.000mm x 229.000mm x 16.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Decision-Making & Problem Solving
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Careers / General
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Management
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Leadership
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Personal Success