How to Turn Adversity into Advantage in Business and in Life
On Sale: 11/22/2009
For anyone feeling held back by lack of opportunity, president and CEO of ATand T Ralph de la Vega shares lessons learned on his journey from Cuba to Corporate America to show readers how thinking bigger can yield greater results.
About the BookRalph de la Vega arrived in the United States from Cuba in 1962. He was alone. He was scared. He was ten years old. In Obstacles Welcome, de la Vega recounts his journey from young Cuban immigrant to president and CEO of AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets, a subsidiary of AT&T Inc. Along the way, he shares the important lessons he learned, opening a powerful cache of business strategy and in-the-trenches wisdom to illustrates that within each obstacle we encounter, there's an opportunity that carries the potential to transform our thinking, our organizations, our communities, and our world.Obstacles Welcome is a manifesto for those committed to innovation and achievement both professionally and personally. Readers will get a behind-the-scenes look at the internet revolution and gain insights from the nation’s top technology companies, including the incredible obstacles intrinsic to the successful merging of the largest wireless operations in U.S. history-- those of Cingular Wireless and AT&T Wireless. You’ll also learn how to: create a detailed action plan to boost success; identify and take calculated risks without fear; create a values-centric, decisive leadership style; transform vision into measurable results; recognize opportunities and overcome obstacles; communicate well and build alignment; unlearn thinking that hinders innovation; and dream big and throw off mental limits once and for all; A compelling story filled with timeless wisdom, this book teaches any young professional or aspiring leader how to overcome seemingly impossible circumstances to become the very best employee--and person--you can be.
- ISBN: 9781418580148
- ISBN 10: 1418580147
- Imprint: HarperCollins Leadership
- On Sale: 11/22/2009
- Pages: 274
- List Price: $3.49
- Publisher: HarperCollins Leadership
- Publication Date: 11/22/2009
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : SELF-HELP / Personal Growth / General
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / General
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Leadership
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Biblical Biography / New Testament
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Careers / Job Hunting
- Category 6 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Skills
- Category 7 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Personal Success