The 10 Challenges That Defined the Company That's Disrupting the World
On Sale: 10/18/2022
There is a whole lot more to the Facebook success story beyond its being launched out of a Harvard dorm as a new way to connect with friends. Learn from an insider the challenges it faced and crises averted while on its way to becoming the venerable giant it is today.
About the Book
Discover the hard learned lessons to creating a successful company, straight from a stakeholder who had a front-row seat to Facebook’s growing pains, stumbles, and reinventions.
You can’t create a $300 billion company by accident in between classes. You may think you know the legendary story behind the beginning of Facebook by wunderkind Harvard student Mark Zuckerberg, but those who were there on the inside molding this social media idea into a game-changing, Goliath-sized company know the experience was far more tumultuous and uncertain than one might expect.
In Becoming Facebook, computer engineer turned marketing innovator Mike Hoefflinger shares the challenges faced and lessons learned during the coming-of-age times of the übercompany. Discover from an insider:
- How Facebook recovered from its “disastrous” IPO
- How the growth team achieved the impossible
- Why Facebook’s newsfeed ads were the company’s most important business decision ever
- How Google+ attacked and lost
- Why and how Instagram and WhatsApp were added
Follow the social media giant from its almost mythical birth all the way to the overwhelming success it has been solidified in today, uncovering the lessons its leaders learned while overcoming setbacks and achieving greatness.
- ISBN: 9781400244034
- ISBN 10: 140024403X
- On Sale: 10/18/2022
- Pages: 256
- List Price: $18.99
- Trim Size: 152.000mm x 229.000mm x 0.000mm
- Category 1 : COMPUTERS / Web / Social Networking
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Economic History
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Entrepreneurship
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Industries / Media & Communications