The Survival Guide to Modern Business Etiquette
On Sale: January 17, 2023
In an office that blends generations, genders, and cultures, the environment can be ripe for confusion and social blunders. Learn how to create an atmosphere of respect and productivity among your diverse group.
About the Book
Discover a wealth of business etiquette in this invaluable resource book that helps prevent bad behavior in the workplace.
What are the rules for business etiquette today? Is it acceptable to text your boss at home? What is the polite way to ask a colleague to take a distracting conversation behind closed doors? What about the use of smartphones in meetings?
In today’s workplace, manners matter more than ever. With an increasing amount of open-plan workplaces and constant connectivity, the chances of unintentionally annoying or offending others is growing. Merging classic rules of behavior with new realities of modern business, Excuse Me spotlights dozens of puzzling situations, with suggestions for bridging divides.
This book untangles the nuances of:
- meeting etiquette,
- interview expectations,
- proper office attire,
- electronic manners,
- privacy in tight spaces,
- nonverbal cues,
- small talk,
- social media use, and more.
In even the most diverse workplaces, good manners will create an atmosphere of respect, smoothing the way for everyone to succeed. Excuse Me explains how to begin.
- ISBN: 9781400242849
- ISBN 10: 1400242843
- On Sale: January 17, 2023
- Pages: 288
- List Price: $19.99
- Trim Size: 152.000mm x 229.000mm x 19.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Business Etiquette
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Decision-Making & Problem Solving
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Management
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Organizational Behavior
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Workplace Culture
- Category 6 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Conflict Resolution & Mediation