Speak with Impact
How to Command the Room and Influence Others
On Sale: 04/12/2022
You know a leader when you hear one! Deliver well-constructed messages with confidence, poise, and authenticity, so you can sound as capable as you truly are.
About the Book
When you know what to say and how to say it, people listen. Find your powerful voice, and step into leadership. Speak with impact.
Every day, you have an opportunity to use your voice to have a positive impact -- at work or in your community. You can inspire and persuade your audience -- or you can distract and put them to sleep.
Presentation styles where leaders are nervous, ramble, and robotic can ruin a talk on even the most critical topics. As your performances become weak, your career prosects start to dim. To get ahead and make an impact, you need to deliver well-crafted messages with confidence and authenticity. You must?sound?as capable as you are.
Public speaking is a skill, not a talent. With the right guidance, anyone can be a powerful speaker. Written by former opera singer turned CEO and TEDx speaker Allison Shapira, Speak with Impact unravels the mysteries of commanding attention in any setting, professional or personal.
Whether it’s speaking up at a meeting, presenting to clients, or talking to large groups, this book’s easy-to-use frameworks, examples and exercises will help you:
- Engage your audience through storytelling and humor
- Use breathing techniques to overcome stage fright
- Strengthen and project your voice by banishing filler words/uptalk
- Use effective body language and build your executive presence
- Compose a clear message and deliver confident, authentic presentations
Learn to conquer fear, capture attention, motivate action, and take charge of your career with?Speak with Impact.
- ISBN: 9781400238514
- ISBN 10: 140023851X
- On Sale: 04/12/2022
- Pages: 240
- List Price: $19.99
- Trim Size: 152.000mm x 229.000mm x 16.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Leadership
- Category 2 : LANGUAGE ARTS & DISCIPLINES / Public Speaking
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Business Communication / Meetings & Presentations
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Motivational