The Unspoken Truths for Career Success
Navigating Pay, Promotions, and Power at Work
On Sale: February 28, 2023
People are competing for jobs at a rate not seen since World War II. In this book, Tessa White teaches readers, specifically digital native millennials, how to recognize what is holding them back from getting a job and climbing the ladder.
About the Book
"A terrific read for the new generations rising in the workforce—and for their leaders." — Stephen M. R. Covey, The New York Times and #1 Wall Street Journal bestselling author of The Speed of Trust and Trust & Inspire
STOP SPINNING YOUR WHEELS AND TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR CAREER FUTURE TODAY.
Building a successful career in the world of remote work, hybrid schedules, and a lack of work/life balance is not easy. In fact it’s difficult and often seems impossible. But, it doesn’t have to be that way. By confronting the lies we are told about building a career, this book will bring you one step closer to the epiphany that will change your life.
This workplace manual lays out the truth behind the lies that are fueling the most common career frustrations, including:
- The truth about pay. Hard work doesn’t always lead to more money. Learn how to leverage your position to maximize your salary.
- The truth about promotions. If you want to be considered for a better job title with better pay, you need to be better than your job description. Understand how to build the skills you need to be considered for a promotion.
- The truth about loyalty. Companies are not designed to return the loyalty you give them. Stop waiting for the praise you’ve earned and start focusing on your future.
- The truth about burnout. Work/life balance doesn’t have to mean taking a step back. Learn to work with your brain and not against it.
- The truth about office politics and power. You may hate office politics, but they are in every company in every industry. Learn to use the political landscape of your workplace to your advantage.
Master these unspoken truths for greater recognition, increased opportunities for pay and promotions, and to provide a path to greater influence and power. The truth can indeed set you free.
'Unspoken Truths for Career Success is a terrific read for the new generations rising in the workforce--and for their leaders. It will serve as an illuminating guide to navigating workplace dynamics that will engage people at any level of their career. Tessa's vantage point is invaluable; applying her insights will help accelerate the hard career lessons that most learn only through years of trial and error.'
'I believe that Tessa has exposed one of the greatest epidemics of our time; the disconnect and burnout that many employees are experiencing. But Tessa doesn't stop there; she uses her wealth of experience to empower employees with a compass for regaining workplace satisfaction. This book is honest and practical and was long overdue.'
'I have a master's degree from Harvard, yet I gathered more practical career advice from this book than I ever did in the classroom. I've learned how to give better feedback, navigate high-stakes situations, and proactively craft a fulfilling career for myself. I will be giving this book to all my favorite graduates this year.'
'Tessa's book is truly extraordinary. Her honest advice is exactly the thing you need to hear. Whether you're looking to advance in your career, make a change, or you're struggling with team dynamics, do yourself a favor and get this book. I'm recommending it to every client I work with--it's that good.'
'This book is full of smart, practical advice for the workplace. Her authentic approach makes this book a must-have for those interested in proactively navigating their own careers.'
'Tessa has written a brilliant guide to career success. The book is filled with advice that I wish someone had shared with me early in my career. Every chapter showcases Tessa's uncanny understanding of the workplace, and how readers can apply it directly to their own situation. Such an exceptional book. I highly recommend reading it at any stage in your career.'
'Tessa White is a masterful teacher on organizational power. She has been there and done it. Everyone who works in any type of organization needs this book. Buy it, read it, apply it, and put your career on a much more positive and productive trajectory.'
'This is not just work advice, it's life advice! The Unspoken Truths is a profound approach to regain control in a world that can seemingly appear out of it. The mistake is to say that you wish you had this advice when you were getting started because then you'll miss the absolute gems that can either relaunch your world or push your aspirations to greater heights. From the mailroom to the C-suite, whether you're an entrepreneur or an influencer, there's nothing you will face that The Unspoken Truths doesn't address.'
'Workforce is THE issue of the day and individuals are struggling with how to 'make peace' with companies and the workplace. What valuable insights this book contains about how to do that! It teaches so clearly how to navigate the changing landscape of the workplace with easy actions items any individual can take to create a better experience.'
- ISBN: 9781400236008
- ISBN 10: 1400236002
- On Sale: February 28, 2023
- Pages: 240
- List Price: $19.99
- Trim Size: 137.000mm x 212.000mm x 22.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Business Etiquette
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Management
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Workplace Culture