Leading through Disruption
A Changemaker’s Guide to Twenty-First Century Leadership
On Sale: July 11, 2023
The traditional corporate leadership playbook your grandparents wrote no longer works. This book from one of the world’s top executives is a new leadership paradigm for resilience and agility in a rapidly changing world.
About the Book
#2 WALL STREET JOURNAL BESTSELLER, PUBLISHERS WEEKLY BESTSELLER, and a USA TODAY BESTSELLER
“Andrew Liveris takes us on a masterclass in collaborative, forward-looking leadership." — Richard Branson, Founder, The Virgin Group
In Leading Through Disruption, Andrew Liveris provides a new leadership paradigm for resilience and agility in a rapidly changing world. This book is a must-read guide for leaders in various sectors who are keen on not only ensuring current success, but protecting the planet’s future for everyone. Liveris, who was recently chosen to lead the Brisbane 2032 Olympic Organizing Committee and is former Chairman and CEO of The Dow Chemical Company, presents a variety of powerful tools that will enable you to tackle any problem quickly and responsively, with an eye to creating a more equitable, sustainable future.
In these pages, you will learn how to:
- Create and use metrics that quantify the positive impact on all members of society.
- Collaborate with scientists, politicians, regulators, corporate boards, and other stakeholders to create effective policies that work.
- Broaden your company’s focus to include both long-term sustainability and short-term profitability without sacrificing the former to gain the latter.
- Strengthen local communities via corporate investment and advocacy for the improvement of amenities and services for all.
- Hire team members who fully and proactively support strategies to improve the world and its future.
- Become a sought-after advisor on how to respond quickly and decisively to uncertainties.
Andrew Liveris shares essential wisdom from his four decades of global leadership experience in business, government, academia, and civic society. His book is a powerful tool for any aspiring leader.
Finalist for the 2023 Best Book Award for General Business and Management & Leadership
'A sweeping read that combines historic context with behind-the-scenes accounts to give aspiring and C-suite leaders practical, strategic tools to navigate our complex world and serve multiple stakeholders. Leading through Disruption is an ambitious exploration of how the past has shaped the unique leadership our world needs now.'
'Andrew Liveris offers a set of principles, lessons and skills any leader should learn--and they come with all the more authority and insight given his illustrious career across industries and around the world for many decades.'
'By turns practical and insightful, Andrew's resilience and depth of experience in a rapidly changing world shine through in Leading Through Disruption. There are many important lessons shared in this book, which are instructive and apply to all of us.'
'For those interested in dealing with the challenges of leadership in the modern age, Andrew Liveris has written a cannot-put-it-down primer. I cannot recommend this leadership guide too highly.'
'In a world full of uncertainty -- politically, economically, and environmentally -- Andrew Liveris shows that, under the right leadership model, we can bring all stakeholders across the global spectrum to the table to plan out a better future.'
'Leaders in today's volatile world have much to learn from this book. Andrew Liveris transformed Dow into a global market leader, while placing a major emphasis on sustainability. He is truly a citizen of the world with an ability to transcend cultural differences. He is able to work with heads of state, regulators, customers, and stakeholders around the world, while maintaining a relentless, results-oriented management focus.'
'Throughout his career, Andrew Liveris has been adept at building multi-sector collaborations to benefit the private sector, the not-for-profit sector, and the planet. Leading Through Disruption distills his lessons into an indispensable guidebook.'
'To master systemic transformation goes far beyond managing change. Andrew Liveris' book equips the reader with the intellectual and pragmatic framework to succeed in the new corporate environment where permanent disruption is the prerequisite for success.'
- ISBN: 9781400233830
- ISBN 10: 1400233836
- On Sale: July 11, 2023
- Pages: 240
- List Price: $27.99
- Trim Size: 160.000mm x 236.000mm x 22.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Leadership
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Entrepreneurship
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Management
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / New Business Enterprises
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Development / Sustainable Development
- Category 6 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Corporate Governance