Running with Purpose
How Brooks Outpaced Goliath Competitors to Lead the Pack
On Sale: 04/26/2022
Format: Downloadable audio file
Tells the inside story of how Jim Weber stepped in to transform the Brooks culture to unify the company and lead them from last place to first, beating Nike, Adidas, Asics, New Balance - everyone.
About the Book
Read by the author.
Discover how Brooks Running Company CEO Jim Weber transformed a failing business into a billion-dollar brand in the ultracompetitive global running market.
Running with Purpose is a leadership memoir with insights, inspirational stories, and tangible takeaways for current and aspiring leaders, entrepreneurs, and the 150+ million runners worldwide and those in the broader running community who continually invest in themselves.
This leadership memoir starts with Jim Weber's seventh-grade dream to run a successful company that delivered something people passionately valued. Fast forward to 2001, Jim became the CEO of Brooks and, as the struggling brand's fourth CEO in two years, he faced strong headwinds. A lifelong competitor, Jim devised a one-page strategy that he believed would not only save the company but would also lay the foundation for Brooks to become a leading brand in the athletic, fitness, and outdoor categories. To succeed, he had to get his team to first believe it was possible and then employ the conviction, fortitude, and constancy of purpose to outperform larger brands. Brooks’s success was validated when Warren Buffett made it a standalone Berkshire Hathaway subsidiary in 2012. In Running with Purpose, you will find:
- Brooks’s bold strategy and unique brand positioning that fueled its move from the back of the pack to lead.
- The key to building a purpose-driven brand that is oriented around customer obsession, building trust, competing with heart, and having fun along the way.
- The six clear leadership lessons Jim has learned along his path and applies at Brooks to develop staff into authentic leaders.
- How Berkshire Hathaway's support and influence provided a tailwind for Brooks’s business and brand to surge.
- An inside look at the ups and downs of Jim's personal journey, which led to his conviction that life is too short not to enjoy what you do and the people by your side.
Photos and graphics are included in the audiobook companion PDF download.
- ISBN 10: 140023171X
- On Sale: 04/26/2022
- List Price: $21.99
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Workplace Culture
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Consumer Behavior
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Industries / Retailing
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Leadership