Leading with Cultural Intelligence
The Real Secret to Success
On Sale: 09/06/2022
Today’s business has gone global. Learn how to manage more adeptly across cultures when you increase your CQ.
About the Book
Succeeding in today’s global market requires a new set of skills than it did when the pioneers of the twentieth century were making their mark but don’t let that intimidate you from expanding your business beyond our borders.
In order to negotiate with vendors from other countries, it is not necessary to immerse yourself in the culture for an extended period of time, or take a month-long trip to learn what people are like. As cross-cultural interactions become increasingly virtual, cultural intelligence—or CQ—becomes the key to taking your business global, and doing so effectively.
Having done training and consulting for leaders in more than 100 countries, David Livermore, president and partner at the Cultural Intelligence Center, has detailed a four-step model for improving your CQ and maximizing your impact in managing across cultures.
In Leading with Cultural Intelligence, Livermore will help you learn about:
- Drive--boost your motivation for and confidence in interacting with other cultures
- Knowledge--understand the relevance of differences in religion, values, norms, and languages
- Strategy--plan ahead for unfamiliar cultural settings, but remain flexible if actual experience differs from expectations
- Action--successfully adapt your behavior to each situation
Featuring fresh research, case studies, and statistics on the ROI of improving your CQ, this new edition of Leading with Cultural Intelligence with help you thrive in any business environment--whether it’s across the world or in your own backyard.
- ISBN: 9781400231119
- ISBN 10: 1400231116
- On Sale: 09/06/2022
- Pages: 272
- List Price: $19.99
- Trim Size: 152.000mm x 229.000mm x 25.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Business Communication / General
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / International / General
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Skills
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Workplace Culture