Decide and Conquer
44 Decisions that will Make or Break All Leaders
On Sale: 03/08/2022
Format: Downloadable audio file
Success boils down to one thing: making good decisions. That’s easy to say, but what do we do when we are faced with terrible options, deep anxiety and fear of failure? Learning the right framework now can make all the difference later.
About the Book
Success boils down to one thing: making good decisions. That’s easy to say, but what do we do when we are faced with terrible options, deep anxiety, and fear of failure? Learning the right framework now can make all the difference later.
Turn to Decide and Conquer to access the decision framework David Siegel used when he took over as CEO of Meetup, the world’s leading platform for making connections and finding your community. Let David’s success during one of the most tumultuous times in his company’s history help guide you on your own path.
Decide and Conquer helps all leaders navigate the big decisions that will impact their future and make their organizations a success. David outlines the 44 challenges leaders face when starting a new position. He then shows you the decision framework he applied to overcome these challenges as CEO of Meetup. David takes you on an epic journey of corporate and personal survival that includes industry titans like Adam Neumann, Barry Diller, Jack Welch, Bill Ackman, and other leaders. Learn to:
- Apply principles like open communication, transparency, and kindness to inform great decision-making.
- Set yourself up to succeed, even before you start, by removing potential roadblocks before they become a problem.
- Be a bold and decisive leader and not succumb to fear.
When David took over as CEO of Meetup, the road was fraught with obstacles that could have destroyed Meetup and his reputation. By applying the principles he had learned in previous leadership positions, David was able to make the many critical decisions that would mean life or death for Meetup when WeWork decided to sell the company. From deciding to accept the position and negotiating terms to the first 30, 60, and 90 days on the job and managing a seemingly endless series of crises during the sale and global pandemic, Decide and Conquer walks you through the key decisions you will face with invaluable advice for each one.
A sample layoff speech and sample succession email are available in the audiobook companion PDF download.
- ISBN 10: 1400230896
- Imprint: HarperCollins Leadership
- On Sale: 03/08/2022
- List Price: $21.99
- Publisher: HarperCollins Leadership
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Decision-Making & Problem Solving
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Personal Success
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Management
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Motivational
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Leadership