Interview and Negotiation Skills to Get to the Truth
On Sale: 11/15/2022
Never go into an important conversation feeling unheard, unprepared, or uniformed again---Lena Sisco, former Navy intelligence officer and interrogator, shares her proven SISCO method to become a master negotiator, trusted interviewer, and engaging conversationalist.
About the Book
BECOME A MASTER AT NEGOTIATION AND COMMUNICATION
Never go into an important conversation feeling unheard, unprepared, or uninformed again—apply the proven SISCO method for communication to become a master negotiator, trusted interviewer, and engaging conversationalist.
No matter the conversation, detecting honesty and persuading others to be honest are some of the most valuable skills you can learn. With these skills, you can master your daily conversations and interactions with others. The Strategic Interviewing Skills and Competencies (SISCO) Method will help you see the full picture, have all the facts, and make effective decisions.
Former Navy interrogator, Lena Sisco, created this method during challenging investigative and information-gathering interviews. Her 5-step program focuses human-to-human interaction. When you can gain someone’s trust you can get truth in any scenario. She teaches readers how to validate their gut feeling when they think someone is lying, unassumingly control a conversation, and persuade others to be honest.
These skills are not only applicable in an interrogation room, but they can be relevant in everyday life. In this book, you will learn how to:
- Apply the strategic interviewing skills behind the SISCO method to your everyday life to discover the information and the honest answers you need.
- Create an environment of trust that will facilitate the fact finding necessary to be more effective at your job while encouraging others to be more accountable.
- Control the signals you may or may not be inadvertently sending to others.
- Know the right words to say during a disagreement in order to de-escalate conflict, gain respect, and create a win-win situation
Not only does she teach you techniques and methods to negotiate and interview with confidence, she shares the neuroscience behind why they are effective. You will be able to interpret patterns of behavior and influence positive behaviors in others, as well as enhancing the effectiveness of your communication practices; both verbal and nonverbal.
- ISBN: 9781400226405
- ISBN 10: 1400226406
- On Sale: 11/15/2022
- Pages: 208
- List Price: $19.99
- Trim Size: 152.000mm x 229.000mm x 19.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Business Communication / General
- Category 2 : PSYCHOLOGY / Interpersonal Relations
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Sales & Selling / Management