Surviving a Startup
Practical Strategies for Starting a Business, Overcoming Obstacles, and Coming Out on Top
On Sale: April 20, 2021
The CEO of Founders Space, one of the world's leading startup incubators and accelerators, prepares entrepreneurs to avoid disastrous mistakes, surmount sizable obstacles, and master the skills necessary to make the right choices along their path to success.
About the Book
Steve Hoffman, CEO of Founders Space, prepares entrepreneurs to avoid mistakes, overcome obstacles, and master the skills necessary to make the right choices along their path to success.
The fact is, over 90 percent of all new startups fail. Every entrepreneur must face this harsh reality and learn to master it if they hope to survive and wind up on top.
In Surviving a Startup, Hoffman brings readers on a wild ride, sharing with them the tumultuous journey of launching a venture-funded startup and revealing what it takes to make it.
In this one-of-a-kind guide, you will learn:
- A deep analysis and insights into the major challenges every entrepreneur faces when launching a business.
- How to make the best possible decisions and deal with crisis situations.
- Strategies for raising capital and growing a business, even when it seems impossible.
- Secrets on how to manage difficult employees, demonstrate leadership, and overcome disasters.
- Essential traits that enable startup founders to survive and succeed.
- The best way to develop innovative products, conduct guerilla marketing campaigns, obtain PR, and outmaneuver competitors.
- How to recruit the best talent, manage highly efficient teams, and motivate employees, even with little to no money.
- The steps necessary to transform an idea into a robust, rapidly growing business.
As the captain of one of the world's leading startup incubators and accelerators, Steve knows what it's like to be on the front lines, how tough it can get when the battle turns against the entrepreneur, and what it takes to taste victory and overcome seemingly impossible odds. Surviving a Startup is a must read for entrepreneurs considering taking the best first steps for a new venture.
- ISBN: 9781400223190
- ISBN 10: 1400223199
- On Sale: April 20, 2021
- Pages: 336
- List Price: $22.99
- Trim Size: 138.000mm x 212.000mm x 25.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / New Business Enterprises
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Corporate Finance / Private Equity
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Corporate Finance / Venture Capital
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Entrepreneurship
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Leadership
- Category 6 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Workplace Culture