How Second Chance Hiring Works for Your Business and the Community
On Sale: 04/13/2021
With tens of millions of people in the U.S. with criminal records---many of whom are highly-talented, reliable, and eager to work---implementing these second chance hiring practices will give your company a significant competitive advantage over those that do not.
About the Book
Tens of millions of people in the U.S. with criminal records are highly talented, reliable, and eager to work. Implement these second chance hiring practices to give your company a significant competitive advantage over those that do not.
Researched, tested, and written by the chief investment strategist of one of the country’s leading business banks, Jeffrey Korzenik includes dozens of examples of businesses that have successfully implemented the second chance hiring practices outlined in this book.
Korzenik shows those companies that have learned to go beyond the label and to evaluate the qualities of the individual applicant have tapped into an often-overlooked source of loyal and productive talent.
In Untapped Talent, you will:
- Understand what goes into a successful second chance hire, from the support that will be needed internally to the resources that are available from outside agencies.
- Learn how businesses from a variety of industries have instituted successful second chance hiring programs and how this has positively impacted their culture and bottom line.
- Gain practical onboarding and coaching strategies that will help ensure a smooth transition and a productive, happy new employee.
- Acquire relevant knowledge of the criminal justice system to provide context in identifying the potential of second chance hiring.
Your path to a loyal, engaged, and productive workforce starts with the clear competitive advantage you’ll gain by implementing the second-chance hiring practices within Untapped Talent.
- ISBN: 9781400223145
- ISBN 10: 1400223148
- Imprint: HarperCollins Leadership
- On Sale: 04/13/2021
- Pages: 288
- List Price: $22.99
- Publisher: HarperCollins Leadership
- Publication Date: 04/13/2021
- Trim Size: 139.000mm x 213.000mm x 18.000mm
- Weight: 231.000gr
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Careers / Job Hunting
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Careers / General
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Personal Success