How Second Chance Hiring Works for Your Business and the Community
On Sale: 04/13/2021
With tens of millions of people in the U.S. with criminal records---many of whom are highly-talented, reliable, and eager to work---implementing these second chance hiring practices will give your company a significant competitive advantage over those that do not.
About the Book
With tens of millions of people in the U.S. with criminal records—many of whom are highly-talented, reliable, and eager to work—implementing these second chance hiring practices will give your company a significant competitive advantage over those that do not.
Researched, tested, and written by the chief investment strategist of one of the country’s leading business banks—Untapped Talent includes dozens of examples of businesses (from factories to restaurants to retail) that have successfully implemented the second chance hiring practices outlined in this book.
Speaking directly to business leaders to explain the economic case for considering alternative sources of employees, readers will:
- Understand what goes into a successful second chance hire, from the support that will be needed internally to the resources that are available from outside agencies.
- Learn how businesses from a variety of industries have instituted successful second chance hiring programs and how this has positively impacted their culture and bottom line.
- Gain practical onboarding and coaching strategies that will help ensure a smooth transition and a productive, happy new employee.
- Acquire relevant knowledge of the criminal justice system to provide context in identifying the potential of second chance hiring.
Your path to a loyal, engaged, and productive workforce lies within these pages, and it starts with the clear competitive advantage you’ll gain by implementing these second chance hiring practices.
- ISBN: 9781400223145
- ISBN 10: 1400223148
- Imprint: HarperCollins Leadership
- On Sale: 04/13/2021
- Pages: 288
- List Price: $22.99
- Publisher: HarperCollins Leadership
- Publication Date: 04/13/2021
- Trim Size: 139.000mm x 213.000mm x 18.000mm
- Weight: 231.000gr
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Careers / General
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Careers / Job Hunting
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Personal Success