Mastering the Transition from Talent to Leader
On Sale: 06/01/2021
Welcome to the Age of Creatives, where more and more makers, designers, writers, and artists are in demand. Learn how to succeed at managing other creatives … once you understand the new strategies and mindset that are required.
About the Book
More and more makers, designers, writers, and artists are in demand as we enter the Age of Creatives. By understanding the new strategies and mindset required to succeed, you can manage other creatives successfully.
For creators, getting that promotion to management is exciting but can also be scary. The skills that made them so successful may not translate to the skill required to be a great manager, and this gets even more complicated when managing other creatives who often don’t thrive under traditional management procedures.
Creative Directions is a management masterclass in which you attend lectures and seminars as you learn from some of the best in the business, including directors Ava DuVernay (When They See Us) and Joe Russo (Avengers: Endgame); two-time Academy Award-winning editor Angus Wall (The Social Network); executive producers from hit TV shows like The Simpsons and GLOW; and creative directors and leaders at businesses like Amazon, Apple, Disney, TikTok, and more.
In Creative Directions, you will:
- Receive essential guidance on how to master the delicate balance required to successfully lead a creative team.
- Learn from star creative leaders in the entertainment industry on essential lessons they learned on their path to success.
- Gain insights on how to balance mastering the new skills you need as a leader with finding the time and energy to focus on the creative work you love.
All of these lessons are provided in an easily accessible format so that you can open the book to any page and find an actionable, inspirational insight or strategy.
- ISBN: 9781400222896
- ISBN 10: 1400222893
- On Sale: 06/01/2021
- Pages: 320
- List Price: $32.99
- Trim Size: 211.000mm x 262.000mm x 23.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Decision-Making & Problem Solving
- Category 2 : SELF-HELP / Creativity
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Management
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Leadership