Taking Charge of Change
How Rebuilders Solve Hard Problems
On Sale: 03/16/2021
The social challenges facing us in the 2020’s are radically different than those we faced even one generation ago. Meet the new leaders who are moving us forward and learn how to apply their same effectiveness, qualities, and attributes to you own leadership.
About the Book
Do you want to know what it takes to make change and create solutions? Discover the model to meet the unprecedented challenges unique to the decade ahead and make a remarkable impact on people’s lives.
To overcome the radically different challenges of inequity, division, and scarcity of resources that will only increase in the future, the most successful and valuable leaders are those with the traits to be rebuilders.
As the founding president of Social Venture Partners International, a global network of social innovators, entrepreneurs, philanthropists and more, Paul Shoemaker is here to connect you to the people, ideas, and organizations that matter.
Shoemaker profiles 38 rock star rebuilders so you have a model to follow, including Peter Drucker Award winner Rosanne Haggerty, whose goal is to end chronic homelessness; Trish Millines, who has changed lives for kids of color in high tech; and David Risher, whose cross-sector approach is helping solve global illiteracy.
Page by page, the common elements rebuilders utilize to make a remarkable impact on some or our most complex problems are highlighted as you:
- Learn the 5 vital traits change leaders use to solve big problems.
- Gain new perspective from relevant research, data, leadership lessons, and 3 case studies that illuminate the path ahead.
- Meet the leaders setting the standard for social change impact, all shared in Shoemaker’s signature storytelling style.
Taking Charge of Change is written for anyone seeking to be the driver of real change and an integral part of rebuilding the structures and foundations of American communities and companies throughout the decade ahead.
- ISBN: 9781400221691
- ISBN 10: 1400221692
- On Sale: 03/16/2021
- Pages: 240
- List Price: $28.99
- Trim Size: 157.000mm x 236.000mm x 23.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Business Ethics
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Leadership
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Nonprofit Organizations & Charities / General
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Nonprofit Organizations & Charities / Management & Leadership
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Workplace Culture