The Conscience Code
Lead with Your Values. Advance Your Career.
On Sale: 06/08/2021
The young professionals’ real-world guide to achieving success at work without compromising integrity, based on Wharton Business School professor Richard Shell’s countless interactions with MBA students who continue to bring him shocking stories about the workplace corruption they are pressured to engage in.
About the Book
The Conscience Code is a practical guide to creating workplaces where everyone can thrive.
Surveys show that more than 40% of employees report seeing ethical misconduct at work, and most fail to report it--killing office morale and allowing the wrong people to set the example. Collegiate professor G. Richard Shell has heard work misconduct stories from his MBA students which inspired him to create this helpful guide for navigating these nuances.
Shell created?this book?to point to a better path: recognize that these conflicts are coming, learn to spot them, then follow a research-based, step-by-step approach for resolving them skillfully.?By committing to the Code, you can replace regret with long-term career success as a leader of conscience.
In The Conscience Code, Shell shares tips and facts that:
- Solves a crucial problem faced by professionals everywhere: What should they do when they are asked to compromise their core values to achieve organizational goals?
- Teaches readers to recognize and overcome the five organizational forces that push people toward actions they later regret.
- Lays out a systematic, values-to-action process that people at all levels can follow to maintain their integrity while achieving true success in their lives and careers.
Driven by dramatic, real-world examples from Shell's classroom, today's headlines, and classic cases of corporate wrongdoing, The Conscience Code shows how to create value-based workplaces where everyone can thrive.
- ISBN: 9781400221141
- ISBN 10: 1400221145
- Imprint: HarperCollins Leadership
- On Sale: 06/08/2021
- Pages: 256
- List Price: $11.99
- Publisher: HarperCollins Leadership
- Publication Date: 06/08/2021
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Weight: Weight data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Business Ethics
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Leadership
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Management
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Organizational Behavior
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Workplace Culture