Bet on Yourself
Recognize, Own, and Implement Breakthrough Opportunities
On Sale: October 12, 2021
Take charge of your career and create a life full of learning, adventure, joy, and success utilizing these never-before-shared leadership principles Ann Hiatt learned working alongside the world’s top tech CEOs---Google’s Eric Schmidt, Amazon’s Jeff Bezos, and Yahoo!s Marissa Mayer.
About the Book
Take charge of your career and create a life full of learning, adventure, joy, and success utilizing these never-before-shared leadership principles Ann Hiatt learned working alongside the world’s top tech CEOs—Google’s Eric Schmidt, Amazon’s Jeff Bezos, and Yahoo!'s Marissa Mayer.
Whether you’re stuck in your current job, starting your first job and wondering how you can use it as a steppingstone towards your dream career, or mid-career and wanting to finally be recognized for promotion or a leadership role, this book is for you.
For the first time, Ann Hiatt shares both the daily habits and long-game strategies she learned working side-by-side for decades with the giants of technology at Amazon and Google.
Through clear guidance and incredible stories, Bet on Yourself will teach you:
- How to define your abilities and speak up so that you can be recognized for the work that you do and the unique capabilities you bring to the table.
- How to create opportunities for yourself when options appear limited and build a purposeful career regardless of your seniority or industry.
- What it takes to build the confidence you need to build your dream career.
- How to exchange your frustration over not getting the recognition you deserve for an empowered, actionable plan for taking control of your professional identity and get promoted.
These tried-and-true methods to take ordinary opportunities and create something extraordinary, and the leadership principles that guide the work of these celebrity CEOs, are directly applicable to your goals.
With a few consistent, daily habits you can build a future that exceeds your wildest expectations. No matter the opportunities available to you in your particular community or career stage, there is a path for you.
'Ann Hiatt knows what it takes to get things done--it's why the top executives at Amazon and Google relied on her. Her book is filled with sage advice for taking smart risks, championing your ideas, and increasing your impact.'
'Moonshot thinkers thrive when partnered with visionary implementers. Ann Hiatt was that force behind the CEOs of both Amazon and Google. Bet on Yourself is a rare glimpse into the foundation of these revolutionary companies and a step-by-step manual of empowerment which will inspire each reader to bring their own dreams to life and design new radical opportunities.'
'What if you knew someone who collaborated firsthand with the world's most powerful executives, observing what makes them successful and then applying that wisdom to kickstart her own successful career? Ann Hiatt is that person, and in Bet on Yourself, she shares previously untold recipes for success in the internet age.'
'Bet on yourself' is the principal piece of advice I give to all of my students. Now Ann Hiatt has written the definitive book on how to actually do that! It should be on literally everyone's shelf.'
- ISBN: 9781400220267
- ISBN 10: 1400220262
- On Sale: October 12, 2021
- Pages: 272
- List Price: $27.99
- Trim Size: 160.000mm x 236.000mm x 26.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Personal Success
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Careers / General
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Motivational
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Skills