Mastering the Hire
12 Strategies to Improve Your Odds of Finding the Best Hire
On Sale: 03/24/2020
Research shows you have a 50% chance of hiring the right employee… and a 50% chance of hiring the wrong one. It’s a toss up, but it doesn’t have to be.
About the Book
Research shows you have a 50% chance of hiring the right employee… and a 50% chance of hiring the wrong one. It’s a?toss up, but it doesn’t have to be.
After years of scientific research and first-hand interview experience with thousands of candidates, author Chaka Booker has created a system that helps employers consistently make great hires.
Mastering the Hire provides 12 proven strategies that have been used to accurately identify the right talent 90% of the time. Whether hiring manager, business owner, CEO, search consultant, team manager, team member, novice or expert interviewer, Chaka’s method is for anyone who wants to beat the hiring odds.
?In this book, you will learn:
- How to manage?your intuition: when to trust it and when to put it aside.
- Question design principles: structuring questions so candidates are influenced to tell the truth
- The power of pressure: when to apply or release pressure and how to control the hidden internal pressure that leads to poor decisions.
- To identify key competencies: the four competencies you must always interview for and techniques to accurately assess them.
- Tools for removing?bias: tomorrow’s talent doesn’t fit yesterday’s mold and is often overlooked.
- Understanding and removing bias will give you a competitive advantage.
To?reimagine the hiring process: resume reviews, phone interviews, and in-person interviews will get a much-needed revamp with innovative twists on each.
The interview is the cornerstone of the hiring process, yet science has shown the odds aren’t in your favor. Mastering the Hire gives you strategies that will dramatically improve the one decision that determines everything you can accomplish--who you hire.
- ISBN: 9781400216406
- ISBN 10: 1400216400
- On Sale: 03/24/2020
- Pages: 208
- List Price: $19.99
- Trim Size: 137.000mm x 213.000mm x 14.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Management
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Leadership
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Workplace Culture
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Personal Success