How Obsessive Leaders Achieve the Extraordinary
On Sale: 07/07/2020
What makes great leaders like Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk extraordinary? All In shows leaders and aspiring leaders how obsession can fuel the most incredible success, but also take a toll on a leader, his or her family and work colleagues.
About the Book
Extraordinary leaders share a passionate commitment to achieving their vision that borders and sometimes crosses the line into obsession. All In shows why obsession, if properly focused and managed, is both necessary and productive.
Advances in any endeavor almost always depend on a small group of individuals who are completely consumed by the goal they're pursuing. When these leaders and teams are successful, everyone benefits from their obsessive nature.
This book?explores the three obsessions underlying the achievements of the greatest leaders: delighting customers, building great products, and creating an enduring company. Author Robert Bruce Shaw takes you inside the success stories of iconic leaders and shows the upside of obsession plus the practices that support it, including Jeff Bezos of Amazon, Elon Musk of Tesla, and Steve Jobs of Apple.
In All In, Shaw teaches you why:
- Amazon's first principle is customer obsession and the behaviors that sustain it as the firm becomes one of the largest in the world.
- Tesla puts products at the center of everything it does and the leadership approach that created a revolutionary electric car.
- Steve Jobs' greatest creation was not the Mac or iPhone but Apple the company. ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ????
Shaw also provides insight into the dark side of obsession and its destructive potential - as vividly illustrated in his case study of Uber's aggressive pursuit of growth during the tenure of CEO Travis Kalanick.
Appealing to any reader of entrepreneurial biographies, All In shows individuals, teams and organizations how to manage obsession's downsides while realizing the benefits of relentlessly seeking to create something that truly matters.
- ISBN: 9781400212200
- ISBN 10: 1400212200
- On Sale: 07/07/2020
- Pages: 224
- List Price: $27.99
- Trim Size: 160.000mm x 236.000mm x 21.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Workplace Culture
- Category 2 : BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Business
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Motivational
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Leadership
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Personal Success