101 Tough Conversations to Have with Employees
A Manager's Guide to Addressing Performance, Conduct, and Discipline Challenges
On Sale: June 25, 2019
This second edition of the bestselling guide by top human resources author Paul Falcone provides guidance for managers, including sample dialogues for how to broach uncomfortable conversations across a wide range of issues.
About the Book
101 Tough Conversations to Have with Employees provides guidance for managers on how to broach uncomfortable conversations across a wide range of issues.
Inappropriate workplace conduct, lateness, sexually offensive behavior, productivity and communication issues . . . these are just a few of the uncomfortable topics supervisors must sometimes discuss with their employees.
Top human resources author Paul Falcone?offers realistic sample dialogues managers can use to facilitate clear, direct interactions with their employees that help sidestep potential awkwardness and meet issues head-on.
This practical, solution-oriented book walks you through some of the most common and most serious employee problems you are likely to encounter.
In 101 Tough Conversations to Have with Employees, Falcone covers topics including:
- substandard performance reviews,
- progressive disciplinary warnings and termination meetings,
- FMLA abuse and ADA accomodations,
- wage and hour challenges,
- team turnarounds,
- compensation conflicts, and more.
This handy guide helps you treat their people with dignity and respect, focusing not just on what to say but also on how to say it. It provides proven techniques you can use to protect yourself and your organizations—and get the very best from your people.
- ISBN: 9781400212019
- ISBN 10: 1400212014
- On Sale: June 25, 2019
- Pages: 384
- List Price: $24.99
- Trim Size: 152.000mm x 227.000mm x 29.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Management
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Workplace Culture
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Mentoring & Coaching
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Conflict Resolution & Mediation