A Survival Guide to Managing Employees from Hell
Handling Idiots, Whiners, Slackers, and Other Workplace Demons
On Sale: 12/08/2006
Drawing from real-life stories, this helpful and humorous guide provides readers with practical advice for handling a wide range of difficult types. From whiners and wastrels to the needy and nefarious, this book gives readers the tools they need to handle any type of difficult employee.
About the Book
From whiners and wastrels to the needy and nefarious, this helpful and humorous guide gives you the tools you need to handle any type of difficult employee.
All managers get saddled with "problem" employees from time to time, but what sets great managers apart is how they deal with them. Drawing from real-life stories, A Survival Guide to Managing Employees from Hell provides you with practical advice for handling a wide range of difficult types, including:
- The Impossible "I"s: Incompetents, Idiots, and Imbeciles -- clueless employees who simply don’t know what they’re doing
- The Bull in the Office China Shop -- the frequently angry worker ready to confront anyone and everyone
- The Party-Time Performer -- the employee who, although great with people, constantly turns work-time into fun-time
- I’ve Got a Problem -- employees whose work is compromised by any of a range of personal demons, from drug and alcohol problems to emotional issues
Author Gini Graham Scott’s advice springs largely from common sense, acknowledging there isn’t just one way to handle a difficult worker. For any manger or supervisor looking for tips on effectively managing troublesome workers, look no further than A Survival Guide to Managing Employees from Hell.
- ISBN: 9780814474082
- ISBN 10: 081447408X
- On Sale: 12/08/2006
- Pages: 224
- List Price: $18.99
- Trim Size: 152.000mm x 229.000mm x 16.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Management
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Leadership
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Organizational Behavior
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Workplace Culture