Black Faces in White Places
10 Game-Changing Strategies to Achieve Success and Find Greatness
On Sale: 10/16/2018
How African-American professionals can combine their personal strengths with the wisdom of others and plant the seeds of a positive and lasting legacy in the workplace.
About the Book
Discover how African-American professionals can combine their personal strengths with the wisdom of others to plant the seeds of a positive, lasting legacy in the workplace.
Randal Pinkett was the first African-American winner on The Apprentice. When he won, he also became the only contestant to be asked to share his victory with a white woman.
For generations, African-Americans have been told that they need to work twice as hard as everyone else to succeed. However, as millions of black Americans were reminded by Pinkett's experience, sometimes hard work is not enough.
Black Faces in White Places is about "the game", the competitive world in which we all live and work. The book offers 10 revolutionary strategies for playing, mastering, and changing the game for the current generation, while undertaking a wholesale redefinition of the rules for those who will follow.
In this book, you will:
- Expand yourself beyond your comfort zone
- Recognize and demonstrate the four facets of excellence
- Build beneficial relationships and powerful networks
- Identify different mentors and learn from others' experiences
- Discover ways of working with others to facilitate collective action
Based on the authors' considerable experiences in business, in the public eye, and in the minority, the book shows how African-American professionals can (and must) think and act both entrepreneurially and "intrapreneurially".
Black Faces in White Places not only explains shattering the old "glass ceiling” and changing the concept of success, but also examines the four dimensions of the contemporary black experience: identity, society, meritocracy, and opportunity.
- ISBN: 9780814439975
- ISBN 10: 0814439977
- On Sale: 10/16/2018
- Pages: 288
- List Price: $22.99
- Trim Size: 152.000mm x 229.000mm x 16.000mm
- Category 1 : SOCIAL SCIENCE / Ethnic Studies / African American Studies
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Workplace Culture
- Category 3 : SOCIAL SCIENCE / Discrimination & Race Relations
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / General
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Motivational
- Category 6 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Personal Success