The Startup Gold Mine
How to Tap the Hidden Innovation Agendas of Large Companies to Fund and Grow Your Business
On Sale: October 16, 2018
Learn how your startup business can benefit through early stage investment, sales revenue, or partnership by identifying and aligning with corporate innovation initiatives within larger companies.
About the Book
An invaluable playbook for startup founders looking to partner with big business.
Corporations are desperate to overhaul their culture and the perception that they are giant, bureaucratic dinosaurs too slow to react in a rapidly changing business landscape. Many are trying to be more innovative and agile, like a startup. One easy way to achieve this goal is through partnering with or acquiring a startup. Corporate venture capital (CVC) now makes up 25 percent ($18 billion) of all venture capital dollars in North America.
The Startup Gold Mine reveals how the world’s largest and most prestigious brands make innovation decisions, including new product launches, vendor-startup partnerships, and even billion-dollar acquisitions. The book also details the ways startups can leverage corporate strengths and weaknesses for mutual benefit. You will learn:
- Why the “innovator’s dilemma” is leading large companies to seek out partnerships with startups
- How to close a deal with a large company, from first connection to getting paid
- Strategies to troubleshoot common land mines that startups encounter when working with large companies
- Ways to navigate the convoluted corporate landscape without spending a fortune on conferences and consultants.
Author Neil Soni draws on his experience as an entrepreneur and as an external innovator with premier brands like Estée Lauder, MAC, and Smashbox to reveal large companies’ inner workings, as well as how startup founders and employees can use this knowledge to close the biggest deals of their lives.
- ISBN: 9780814439876
- ISBN 10: 081443987X
- On Sale: October 16, 2018
- Pages: 256
- List Price: $24.99
- Trim Size: 157.000mm x 236.000mm x 24.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Entrepreneurship
- Category 2 : SELF-HELP / Personal Growth / Success
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Development / Business Development
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Management
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Motivational
- Category 6 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / New Business Enterprises
- Category 7 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Small Business
- Category 8 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Leadership