The Small-Business Guide to Government Contracts
How to Comply with the Key Rules and Regulations . . . and Avoid Terminated Agreements, Fines, or Worse
On Sale: 06/06/2012
If your small businesses receives a government contract, there’s a lot you need to know before celebrating. This specialized guide explains how to avoid hefty fines, canceled contracts--and even jail time.
About the Book
Government law attorney Steven J. Koprince teaches you to concentrate on the crucial but complex Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and other rules required for keeping contracts alive and avoiding penalties.
Each year, the federal government awards billions of dollars in small-business contracts. The Small-Business Guide to Government Contracts puts a wealth of specialized legal counsel at readers’ fingertips, answering the most important compliance questions like:
- Is a small business really small?
- Who is eligible for HUBZone, 8(a), SDVO, or WOSB programs?
- What salaries and benefits must be offered?
- What ethical requirements must be followed?
- When does affiliation become a liability?
Small-business contracts are both the lifeblood of hundreds of thousands of companies and a quagmire of red tape. No one can afford to be lax with the rules or too harried to heed them. The Small-Business Guide to Government Contracts empowers contractors to avoid missteps, meet their compliance obligations--and keep the pipeline flowing.
- ISBN: 9780814439722
- ISBN 10: 0814439721
- On Sale: 06/06/2012
- Pages: 352
- List Price: $24.95
- Trim Size: 159.000mm x 235.000mm x 20.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Business Law
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Small Business
- Category 3 : LAW / Contracts
- Category 4 : LAW / Government / General
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Reference
- Category 6 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Government & Business