Succeeding with Senior Management
Getting the Right Support at the Right Time for Your Project
On Sale: 08/10/2017
How can a project manager and senior manager, despite core differences in communication styles, still rely on each other to achieve their goals and help the company soar?
About the Book
This all-inclusive communication guide explains how the project manager can bridge the gap and engage the upper ranks.
Senior managers speak the language of strategy. Project managers use the language of tasks and activities. These significantly different communication styles can lead to breakdowns and setbacks at project sites that are difficult to overcome, especially for the project manager. The key to working through this is communication--specifically communicating up.
By establishing relationships early on, understanding executives, and keeping them involved, project managers can win the support they need--which will be especially critical when problems arise. Succeeding with Senior Management that covers a wide range of industries explains how project managers can:
- Navigate the company’s political waters
- Link the project to the business
- Provide options and recommendations for major decisions
- Use the right listening style
- Involve the sponsor in resolving cross-functional problems
Learn how to keep senior management involved with your project, motivated to push obstacles aside, and focused on a successful conclusion. When troubles arise--and they will--you’ll be glad you kept them in the loop.
- ISBN: 9780814438527
- ISBN 10: 0814438520
- On Sale: 08/10/2017
- Pages: 224
- List Price: $7.99
- Trim Size: Trim size data not found for this book.
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Business Communication / General
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Management
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Project Management
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Personal Success