Hire Smart from the Start
The Entrepreneur's Guide to Finding, Catching, and Keeping the Best Talent for Your Company
On Sale: January 18, 2018
Successful business owners don’t hire just for immediate needs. They do so with a focus on future flourishing!
About the Book
This book distills lessons gained from the author’s 20 years of experience, building out and staffing two enormously successful Internet startups and helping firms land the talent they need to reach their greatest potential.
Don't rely on instincts alone. Hiring is king and while the lesson seems so basic, so many good companies stumble and lose their stride just when they were poised for rapid growth. Why? Their leaders treated hiring as a tedious chore. They posted an ad hoc ad. Took the first person with the right skills. Hired for immediate needs, rather than future flourishing.
Whether you're a high-tech entrepreneur taking a startup public, or a food truck vendor with a concept that's taking off, Hire Smart from the Start offers a proven formula to help you:
- Find candidates whose values and working style fit your business
- Spot the 5 types of applicants you should never, ever hire
- Motivate "reach" candidates to leave their jobs and take a chance on your vision
- Develop meaningful incentives that make people stay
Accelerate success: hire smart from the start. This book shows you how.
- ISBN: 9780814438268
- ISBN 10: 0814438261
- On Sale: January 18, 2018
- Pages: 256
- List Price: $24.95
- Trim Size: 159.000mm x 235.000mm x 22.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Entrepreneurship
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Management
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Training
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Leadership