The Gig Economy
The Complete Guide to Getting Better Work, Taking More Time Off, and Financing the Life You Want
On Sale: November 8, 2016
It’s time to take charge of your own career and lead the life you actually want. How can you best utilize the gig economy to meet your skills and desires?
About the Book
Today, most Americans are working in the gig economy--mixing together short-term jobs, contract work, and freelance assignments. Learn how to embrace the independent and self-sufficient world of freelance!
The Gig Economy is your guide to this uncertain but ultimately rewarding world. Packed with research, exercises, and anecdotes, this eye-opening book supplies strategies--ranging from the professional to the personal--to help you leverage your skills, knowledge, and network to create your own career trajectory.
In this book, you will learn how to:
- Construct a life based on your priorities and vision of success
- Cultivate connections without networking
- Create your own security
- Build flexibility into your financial life
- Face your fears by reducing risk
Corporate jobs are not only unstable--they’re increasingly scarce. It’s time to take charge of your own career and lead the life you want, one immune to the impulsive whims of an employer looking only at today’s bottom line. Start mapping out your place in the gig economy today!
- ISBN: 9780814437339
- ISBN 10: 0814437338
- On Sale: November 8, 2016
- Pages: 240
- List Price: $27.99
- Trim Size: 25.000mm x 25.000mm x 25.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Careers / Job Hunting
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Careers / General
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Entrepreneurship
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Skills
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Economics / General
- Category 6 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Consulting