Stress-Free Potty Training
A Commonsense Guide to Finding the Right Approach for Your Child
On Sale: 10/01/2015
What is the right approach to potty-train your child? Stress-Free Potty Training recognizes that every child is different. Beginning with a simple quiz to help find the method that will best work for your little one, this insightful guide then provides targeted techniques for your situation and takes the worry out of this important life transition.
About the Book
This helpful guide takes the stress out of this challenging rite of passage, giving parents much-needed advice to help them identify what approach will work for their child’s temperament.
No two children experience the toilet-training process in exactly the same way. While some kids might be afraid to even go near the bathroom, others may know when to go...but still never seem to make it there in time.
In Stress-Free Potty Training, mother and journalist Sara Au and neuropsychologist Peter Stavinoha shows you how to:
- determine a child’s readiness to begin potty training
- gradually move children past their existing comfort zone, without causing undue pressure
- handle accidents and temporary setbacks
This straight-talking guide enables you to help every child make this important life transition free of worry and in the way that’s right for him or her.
Stress-Free Potty Training distinguishes between common childhood personality types, providing easy techniques tailor-fit for all kinds of kids, whether they’re stubborn or willful, clinging to diapers, afraid to move on, or just late-bloomers.
- ISBN: 9780814436660
- ISBN 10: 0814436668
- On Sale: 10/01/2015
- Pages: 224
- List Price: $18.99
- Trim Size: 155.000mm x 229.000mm x 15.000mm
- Category 1 : FAMILY & RELATIONSHIPS / Parenting / General
- Category 2 : FAMILY & RELATIONSHIPS / Abuse / General
- Category 3 : FAMILY & RELATIONSHIPS / Life Stages / Adolescence
- Category 4 : FAMILY & RELATIONSHIPS / Life Stages / Later Years
- Category 5 : FAMILY & RELATIONSHIPS / Life Stages / Infants & Toddlers
- Category 6 : FAMILY & RELATIONSHIPS / Babysitting, Day Care & Child Care