Dial Down the Drama
Reducing Conflict and Reconnecting with Your Teenage Daughter--A Guide for Mothers Everywhere
On Sale: November 11, 2015
Got drama? You do if you have a teenage daughter. Learn how to defuse the drama . . . and dial up the joy!
About the Book
Teen daughters are on an emotional rollercoaster, and responding in kind adds fuel to the fire. It’s important for moms to be a stable anchor during this stage in their life.
Family therapist and mom Colleen O’Grady shares what she learned firsthand during her own daughter’s teenage years about how best to calmly de-escalate even the most stressful scenes and parent intentionally even when your teen is pushing you away.
In Dial Down the Drama, O’Grady shows every mom how to learn to:
- Regain perspective
- Break the cycle of conflict
- Tune into her daughter without drowning in the drama
- Foster spontaneous conversations
- Replace worrying and overreacting with effective communication and action
- And much more!
Moodiness, anger, and defiance can stress the best of us. This empowering guide gives you the tools you need to defuse the drama - and dial up the joy.
As Colleen has said, you don’t dial down the drama in order to survive the teenage years; you do so because you actually can enjoy them! Dial Down the Drama provides the tools you need to do just that.
- ISBN: 9780814436554
- ISBN 10: 0814436552
- On Sale: November 11, 2015
- Pages: 256
- List Price: $19.99
- Trim Size: 152.000mm x 227.000mm x 27.000mm
- Category 1 : FAMILY & RELATIONSHIPS / Parenting / Motherhood
- Category 2 : FAMILY & RELATIONSHIPS / Conflict Resolution
- Category 3 : FAMILY & RELATIONSHIPS / Life Stages / Teenagers
- Category 4 : SELF-HELP / Communication & Social Skills