Your Own Terms
A Woman's Guide to Taking Charge of Any Negotiation
On Sale: 08/12/2015
As a woman, you are already facing double standards when it comes to negotiating. So learn to win on your own terms!
About the Book
This helpful guide for women in the workplace will show you how to take charge of any negotiation.
No wonder most women hate negotiating. If we make concessions to further a deal, we're viewed as weak. If we play hardball, we can be seen as overly aggressive--and the strategy backfires. The double standard will get us every time. Thankfully, negotiation expert Yasmin Davidds has learned how best to strike a balance, merging a woman’s natural strengths--collaboration, relationship building, listening--with a firm grasp of established tactics.
Utilizing guidelines, stories, and exercises that shed light on the psychology of negotiation, Your Own Terms reveals how women can:
- Control how they are perceived
- Eliminate self-sabotaging beliefs and behaviors
- Discover their personal negotiation style
- Build leverage
- Understand an opponent’s approach and adjust theirs in response
Don’t let the world’s double standards for women in business hold you back from negotiating for what you know is right. With this eye-opening and empowering resource by your side, learn to win on your own terms--and open doors you never knew had been shut.
- ISBN: 9780814436028
- ISBN 10: 0814436021
- On Sale: 08/12/2015
- Pages: 256
- List Price: $16.95
- Trim Size: 152.000mm x 229.000mm x 19.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Negotiating
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Customer Relations
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Motivational
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Workplace Culture
- Category 5 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Personal Success
- Category 6 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Women in Business