The Leader's Guide to Speaking with Presence
How to Project Confidence, Conviction, and Authority
On Sale: 11/05/2013
When you can own the room with a great speech, you’ll be unstoppable!
About the Book
Whether in a meeting or a presentation, a watercooler conversation or a formal speech, a leader’s most important job is to.
Your idea may be groundbreaking. The potential profits might be exhilarating. The time to act may be right now, but if you’re not able to craft and deliver a clear message that doesn’t lead the audience to gain your perspective, that can be the difference between your pitch being transformational and becoming forgettable.
Executive coach and leadership expert John Baldoni provides this concise tool kit containing more than 100 practical tips for creating and communicating meaningful messages with presence and authority.
In The Leader's Guide to Speaking with Presence, you will discover how to:
- Present their ideas clearly and provide context
- Radiate confidence and put the audience at ease
- Refine their delivery
- Use stories to inform, involve, and inspire
- Leverage the energy of any room
- Convey optimism tempered with reality to gain buy-in
- Turn PowerPoint presentations into performances
When a leader learns to own the room with an authentic and persuasive speech, the audience will become putty in their hands. The Leader's Guide to Speaking with Presence helps leaders achieve the kind of genuine presence that evolves into lasting trust and quantifiable influence.
- ISBN: 9780814433799
- ISBN 10: 0814433790
- On Sale: 11/05/2013
- Pages: 80
- List Price: $9.99
- Trim Size: 152.000mm x 229.000mm x 6.000mm
- Category 1 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Business Communication / General
- Category 2 : LANGUAGE ARTS & DISCIPLINES / Public Speaking
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Leadership
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Personal Success